Let us know how to become a CID officer. The CID (Crime Investigation Department) is a crime investigation agency which is one of the most important units of a police organization. The officers working in this department are called CID officers. They investigate cases of special category and those assigned by the government and the Director-General of Police. The CID officer’s job is to apprehend the culprit, gather evidence and present them in court. If you also want to become a CID officer, then you should also have special information related to it, so today, tell you what you need to do to become a CID officer. How to Become a CID Officer.
Qualification to become a CID officer-
- Citizenship — Candidate should be a citizen of India
- Gender — Both men and women can apply for this post.
- Education — It is necessary to pass at least a 12th class and in order to hold a higher position in this department, a candidate must be a graduate in any stream from a recognized university.
- Age limit — 20 to 27 years, reserved categories are given for age relaxation
Number of attempts for CID officer exam
- General Category — 4 attempts
- OBC category — 7 attempts
- SC / ST category — no limit
The Selection process for CID officer-
- Written exam
- Physical examination
- The interview
Basic skills required to become a CID officer
- Communication skills
- Please manor
- Information on current issues of society
Exam Pattern: How to Become a CID Officer.
Part 1 — Duration 2 hours, Total marks 200
General Intelligence and Reasoning
Understanding of English
Part 2 — duration 4 hours, total marks 400
English language and understanding
There are two ways to join CID
By direct selection from the state police force through the promotion
Indian Civil Service Examination organized by Union Public Service Commission
The notification for the exam is published on the official website of UPSC, from where you can prepare for this exam by taking all kinds of information. How to Become a CID Officer.
- If you want to become a CID officer, then you should first get complete information about CID officers and then start your preparation.
- The work of a CID officer is very difficult, so if you want to become a CID, then keep yourself strong from childhood.
- To become a CID officer, your brain needs to be very fast, 24 hours your mind should be open, that is, your mind should always be talking about its work.
- For your good preparation, watch TV-related drama related to CID. Your preparation will be good with that.
- Change your way of speaking, that is, bring a little bit harshness in your voice.
- Get help from your seniors for preparing for your exam, get information from them
The salary of a CID officer varies with the rank. In this, the forest range can get a pay range between 8000 to 24500 rupees. In addition to salary, civil servants get various allowances such as grade pay, dearness allowance, leave travel allowance, medical and housing, etc.
Rank/position for CID officer
Question 1 — What is the full form of CID?
Answer — The full name of CID is the Criminal Investigation Department.
Question 2 — What is the full form of CID?
Answer — The full form of CID is the Criminal Investigation Department.
Question 3 — What is the educational qualification to become a CID?
Answer — Candidates should have passed Class IV, if the candidates who want to join the higher post, then they should have graduated from any stream from any recognized university.
Question 4 — What is the Age Limit for becoming a CID Officers?
Answer — The Age Limit for becoming a CID Officers is Candidates should be between 20 years and 27 years.
Question 5 — When was CID created?
Answer — CID was created by the British Government in 1906.
Question 6 — Can female apply for this post?
Answer — Yes, both male and female applicants for this job.
Question 7 — Is Indian citizen required for CID?
Answer — Yes, a candidate for CID must be an Indian citizen.
Question 8 — What is the age relaxation for CID officer?
Answer — The age relaxation for CID officer is
- 5 Years for SC / ST Categories. (20 Years To 32years)
- 3 Years for OBC Categories. (20 Years to 30 Years)
Question 9 — How many times can I attempt for the CID exam?
Answer — How many times can one try for CID exam –
- Candidates related to General can try CID 4 times.
- There is no limit for SC / ST candidates.
- Other Backward Class candidates can try CID 7 times
Question 10 — What is the selection process for CID officer?
Answer — The Selection Process CID officer is based on the written test and personal interview
and some posts required to qualify the Physical Effective Tests.
Question 11 — How many points are interviews in CID?
Answer — Interview in CID is of 100 marks.
Question 12 — How many stages of selection for CID officer?
Answer — There are mainly 3 stages of selection for CID officer –
- Written Test.
- Physical test
Question 13 — What are the basic skills required to become a CID officer?
Answer — The basic skill required to become a CID officer is that first one should have good and excellent communication skills as well as know the ways of entertaining and at the same time it is most important that a thorough knowledge of what is happening in the society in the current hours Should be
Question 14 — What is the salary package for CID officer?
Answer — The salary package for CID officer range between Rs.8000–24500 / -Per Month. Apart
from this Civil Servants Receive Various Allowances (Money Paid To A Person To Meet Needs Or Expenses) Such As Grade Pay, Dearness Allowance, Leave Travel Allowance, Medical, And Housing Etc.
Question 15 — How to become a CID officer after passing 12th?
Answer — If you want to apply for the post of constable in CID, then for this you have to have the 12th standard. Eligibility depends on the level you want to join. For constable it is 12th, for SI it is graduation and for the officer, it is post-graduation.
Question 16 — Which exam is required to be a CID officer?
Answer — Candidates who wish to join the CID they must have appeared in the Indian
Civil Services examination is held by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
Friends, keeping in mind all these things, the way to become a CID Officer can be opened.
Hope to be aware of how to become a CID officer, that this information will be liked by you and will also prove to be beneficial for you.