Crime

Suspect in Lincoln Park home invasion is charged with invading *another* home this week

Quanstas Wilson (left) in a mugshot taken after Wednesday’s home invasion in McKinley Park. At right is a surveillance image from last month’s home invasion in Lincoln Park. | CPD

We have an update on the Oct. 8 home invasion in Lincoln Park.

It turns out that police arrested two people in connection with the crime on Oct. 12, but the victim chose not to pursue charges, according to multiple sources who are familiar with the matter. Now, one of the men who was released in that case is back in police custody — accused of pulling off a similar home invasion Wednesday evening on the Southwest Side. 

Facts first. 100% reader-funded. Click here to support CWBChicago today.

Around 9 p.m. on Oct. 8, two men and a woman forced their way into a 32-year-old woman’s apartment at 420 West Fullerton. The offenders held the woman at gunpoint, beat her, tied her up, threatened to kill her, and demanded to know where “the money” is.

Police said the offenders stole property from the woman’s unit and fled.

Detectives released surveillance images of three suspects on Oct. 10 and, CWBChicago has learned, police took two people into custody two days later.

A CPD spokesperson today confirmed that a man and a juvenile female who detectives held in the case were later released without being charged.  Sources with knowledge of the matter said police had to release them because the victim refused to pursue the case with prosecutors.

Surveillance images of the Lincoln Park home invasion suspects. | CPD

McKinley Park home invasion

A frantic woman called police to a residence in the 2000 block of West 35th Street around 6:50 p.m. Wednesday. She told a 911 operator that she had just run out of a home where a group of armed home invaders was robbing people at gunpoint.

Officers entered the apartment and detained several people, said CPD spokesperson Kellie Bartoli. Cops also found four victims who had all been tied up, beaten, and kicked by the offenders. The victims, men ages 46 and 30 and women ages 42 ages 30, told cops that the robbers entered the home, displayed a handgun, and demanded money.

Doctors at St. Anthony’s Hospital treated the 46-year-old victim for minor injuries, Bartoli said. The other three victims declined medical attention.

Bartoli said the weapon that the offenders allegedly brandished turned out to be a pellet gun. 

Prosecutors charged three people in connection with  Wednesday’s home invasion.

Earl Davis and Deloris Sosa | CPD

Quanstas Wilson, 38, of North Lawndale, 30-year-old Earl Davis of Humboldt Park, and 28-year-old Deloris Sosa of Chicago Ridge are each charged with three felony counts of home invasion with a dangerous weapon and four felony counts of aggravated unlawful restraint. They are due in bond court on Friday afternoon, Bartoli said.

Wilson, according to sources, is one of the two individuals who were detained and later released in connection with the Lincoln Park home invasion. Detectives continue to categorize the case as “open.” No one is charged with the crime.

Tags
Show More

Leave a Reply

avatar
  
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshockunamusedcooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsadexclamationquestionideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
Photo and Image Files
 
 
 
Audio and Video Files
 
 
 
Other File Types
 
 
 
  Subscribe  
Notify of
Back to top button
close
Thanks !

Thanks for sharing this, you are awesome !

Log In

Forgot password?

Don't have an account? Register

Forgot password?

Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.

Log in

Privacy Policy

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This

Share this post with your friends!

Close